HIRETECH PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
Hire Technicians Group Ltd is the Data Controller of the personal information we collect and process in order to manage our business and meet our legal and contractual obligations. We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data in accordance with the UK General Data Protection Regulation and the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
Company Name: Hire Technicians Group Ltd (Hiretech)
Our address is: Unit A & B, Caxton Way, Watford Business Park, Watford, WD18 8UA
Company Number: 14938453
1. The Data we collect about you
a. Categories of Personal Data collected
Hiretech processes the following categories of personal data:
- Identity data: name, business name, job title;
- Contact data: phone number, mailing address, billing address, delivery address, email address;
- Financial data: bank account and card details;
- Transaction data: details about payments to and from you and other details of products and/or services you have purchased from us;
- Information about your visits to our Website, including what web browser you use, your IP address, your computer operating system, what pages you view on our Website, and when and how often you visit our Website
- to help us remember your settings and preferences so that we can provide you with a more personalized experience;
- to log you into the Website; enable us to show you your account data; and help us keep your data and the Website safe and secure;
- to provide you with functionality and optimize the performance of the Website;
- to help us understand how you are using the Website so that we can make it better;
- to monitor which pages you visit and your activity on our Website using Google Analytics; and
- to advertise using to you using Google AdWords based on your previous visits to the Website.
This information might be about you, your preferences or your device and is mostly used to make the site work as you expect it to. The information does not usually directly identify you, but it can give you a more personalised web experience.
Because we respect your right to privacy, you can choose not to allow some types of cookies. Click here to adjust your cookie consent. Click on the different category headings to find out more and change our default settings. However, blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer.
Most web browsers are initially set to accept cookies. However, you can adjust your computer browser settings so that you are informed when a cookie is being placed on your browser. You can also set your browser to decline or accept all cookies. To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can install Google’s opt-out browser add-on. To opt out of ads on Google that are targeted to your interests, use your Google Ads settings at adssettings.google.com.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you configure your computer to block or erase all Cookies, you may not be able to use all or certain parts or features of this Site.
2. How and why we use your personal data
Hiretech processes your personal data based on the following lawful bases:
a. To Perform a Contract
Hiretech processes your personal data for the following purposes in order to perform our contractual obligations to you:
- processing the orders that you place with us for goods and services;
- processing your payments to us; and
- notifying you about the status of your purchases.
b. Based on our Legitimate Interests
Hiretech also processes your personal data based on Hiretech’s legitimate interest in:
- maintaining a record of customers who have purchased from us for as long as we determine is reasonably necessary to operate our business efficiently by balancing the risks of long-term storage of personal data against the costs of deleting personal data which may be useful for efficiently conducting future business;
- keeping accurate financial records for accounting and audit purposes; and
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- providing a customized, optimized website experience for you so that you are better able to search for and browse our products and place orders with us;
- understanding the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing;
- reviewing aggregated and non-personally identifiable geographical location data based on the IP addresses of individuals who visit our Website for purposes of understanding where visitors to our Website are located.
Hiretech also processes your personal data based on Hiretech’s legitimate interest in distributing our product catalogue and relevant marketing materials to you. The objective of this processing is to make our customers aware of the goods and services offered by Hiretech and of current sales promotions and discounts. In Hiretech’s industry, which consists largely of business-to-business relationships and transactions, customers expect and desire to receive timely and relevant catalogues and marketing materials from the merchants with which they do business. Therefore, data subjects who are not customers of Hiretech or may no longer be interested in Hiretech’s products and services do not receive direct mail marketing. Of course, any customer who informs us that they object to receiving direct mail marketing from us will be removed from our mailing lists immediately.
c. With Your Consent
Finally, with your consent, which you may provide upon registering on or logging into our Website, by email to us, when you call our contact centre, or during the course of other interactions through which we obtain your affirmative consent (e.g., at events or when you choose to download information we make available to you on our Website), we process your personal data for purposes of:
- distributing relevant marketing materials to you through email, SMS, and marketing to you over the phone; and
- operating Internet remarketing programs (such as Google AdWords) through which “cookies” are used to display ads for our products to you on other websites you visit based on the products and pages you viewed on our Website.
3. Storing your information
Your personal information will be stored on secure systems and in facilities owned or operated by Hiretech or those of our approved third-party suppliers.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
With respect to personal data that Hiretech processes with your consent, Hiretech will retain: (i) contact information for purposes of direct mail and email marketing for twenty-four (24) months; and (ii) cookies for purposes of Google advertising programs for up to one hundred eighty (180) days. If we have asked for your consent and you have given it, we will delete your personal data if you withdraw your consent and there is no other legal basis for the processing.
4. Sharing your personal data
Hiretech will not sell or swap your information with any third party. In accordance with applicable law, and only when such disclosure is necessary to enable our service providers to deliver the contracted services, Hiretech will share personal information with subcontractors that perform services for Hiretech. These subcontractors perform the following categories of services to Hiretech –
- Package and product delivery services
- Email marketing services
- Direct mail marketing services
- Printing services
- Data cleansing and supplementing services
- Internet advertising services
- Sales analysis services
We or the third parties above may occasionally also need to share personal data with –
- Any member of our group (including our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006);
- External auditors, in which case the recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations
- Professional advisors, in which case the recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations
- Law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies
- Other parties in connection with significant corporate transaction or restructuring, including merger acquisition, asset sale nor in the event of our insolvency, in which case the recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations
- We are required to share your personal information with other members of our group, which means our subsidiaries and group companies;
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with your instructions.
5. Transfers outside of the UK and EEA
Hiretech transfers certain personal to its parent and sister companies and to subcontractors located outside the European Economic Area. Hiretech has committed to adhere to the Principles of the U.S.-E.U. Privacy Shield program as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from the European Union and European Economic Area. Hiretech’s participation in the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield is currently pending final certification. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, please visit http://www.privacyshield.gov. Upon final certification, you can view Hiretech’s certification at the same address.
6. Your Rights
Under the GDPR, you have certain rights in relation to your personal data. You have the right to:
- Access your personal data;
- Correct inaccurate personal data or update it is required;
- Request deletion or destruction of your personal information in certain circumstances. For example, if (a) it is no longer necessary for us to process your personal information for the purpose for which it was originally collected or (b) you withdraw your consent to our processing or (c) your personal information has been unlawfully processed or (d) it is necessary to erase your personal information for compliance with applicable law;
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data;
- Request the transfer of your personal data;
- Request portability of your personal information;
- Withdraw consent at any time to our processing of your personal data; and
- Stop your data being used for direct marketing purposes.
7. How to contact us
If you want to exercise any of your legal rights, or if you have any questions about Hiretech’s processing of your personal data, you may contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at +44 (0)1923 332424. You can also review and update certain parts of your personal data by updating your profile in the My Account section of the Website
Copyright © Hire Technicians Group Ltd. All rights reserved.